Deconstructed Egg Roll
- 1 lb. ground pork (can use chicken or turkey)
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 6 green onions (white and light green parts, minced and the darker green parts chopped)
- 1 14 oz bag of coleslaw mix
- ¼ Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 -2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 8 oz can of water chestnuts, chopped
- In a large deep skillet heat 1 tsp. sesame oil over medium heat. Add pork and cook until beginning to brown. About 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, ginger, and white/light green onions and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add entire bag of coleslaw mix, soy sauce, mirin, and Sriracha and gently toss together. Sauté for another 10 minutes or so until the cabbage cooks down and the sauce thickens (This did not make a lot of sauces so you may want to double the ingredients for the sauce).
- Create a little well in the pan and add the eggs, and lightly scramble by stirring them around
- Add water chestnuts, remaining sesame oil and combine until everything is incorporated.
- Can server over rice and top with chopped green onions and crispy wonton strips.
Recipe by Siri Daly (found on the Today Show)