Watermelon Mint Margarita
Credit: The Food Network
- 4 cups seeded and chopped watermelon
- Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila*
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Garnish: fresh mint sprig
- *1/2 cup orange or apple juice may be substituted for tequila.
- Place watermelon in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Coat rims of cocktail glasses with lime juice; dip in sugar.
- Process frozen watermelon, tequila, and next 4 ingredients in a blender until slushy. Pour into glasses.
- Garnish, if desired.
Bok Choy Salad
- ¾ stick butter
- 2 pkgs Chicken Ramen Noodles
- 4 oz. sliced almonds
- 1 Cup Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- 1 head Bok Choy, chopped – large size head is good –
- may need to by two to three of them
- 1 Bunch Green Onions, chopped
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Break up Ramen noodles in bag. Want them in small pieces.
- Melt butter over medium heat and add seasoning packet from Ramen Noodles. Add broken up noodles and brown slightly. Add almonds and sunflower seeds. Brown. Cool.
- Wash and chop bok choy – small pieces. Chop green onions and mix with bok choy (use as many green onions as you want – I generally use 3 – 4)
- Mix together noodle mixture and bok choy and then add dressing right before serving. (if bringing to party – put bok choy and green onion mix in one bag, noodle mix in another)
- Boil ingredients together for about 2 minutes and allow to cool.
- Toss all together.